Zomato is an Indian restaurant aggregator and food delivery company. It is known for faster delivery of food from anywhere in your city. Like every successful business today, Data Science is one of the reasons behind the success of Zomato. So, if you want to know how Zomato uses Data Science, this article is for you. In this article, I will introduce some ways how Zomato uses Data Science for its business as a food delivery service.
Here’s How Zomato Uses Data Science
Here are some ways how Zomato uses Data Science for its business as a food delivery service.
Budget Friendly Recommendations
Every customer has a spending capacity for a meal. The spending capacity differs from person to person according to their lifestyle and income. So whenever someone searches for food, zomato recommends restaurants based on their spending capacity.
Every time you order something from Zomato, your tastes and preferences are analyzed, and the amount you spend on your meal is recorded. And whenever you’re looking for something new to eat, the restaurant recommendations you see are based on:
- the restaurants that are popular for what you searched for
- your average spending capacity on zomato
- reviews and ratings of other users
It helps Zomato recommend the best restaurant for your meal according to your budget to get more orders.
Food Preparation Time Prediction
Zomato is available in 500+ cities in India. To keep transparency with all its customers, Zomato predicts the food preparation time to calculate the delivery time that helps in the overall process of completion of an order.
When you place a food order, the restaurant accepts your order and begins to prepare your food, and if demand is high at that restaurant, your order waits in queued orders. So, predicting the food preparation time when only your food is prepared is an easy task.
But when your order is waiting in queue orders, Zomato predicts the food preparation time considering the preparation time of all food orders in the restaurant before your order.
It helps in showing the accurate time it will take to deliver your order so that the customer can cancel and order from another restaurant if the delivery time is very long.
Analyzing Food Orders Demand at all Locations
Another area where Zomato uses Data Science for its business is to analyze the food orders demand in all the areas of the city to improve its food delivery services.
Analyzing food demand in all the areas helps Zomato determine:
- which areas order more food online
- demand in which areas increases at what time
- what kind of food and restaurants are more demanded in which areas
It helps zomato in determining areas with high food demand to employ more delivery partners in those areas to make the complete food delivery process faster.
So below are some ways how Zomato uses Data Science for its business as a food delivery service:
- Zomato recommends restaurants based on your average spending capacity to provide budget-friendly recommendations to all customers.
- Zomato also predicts the food preparation time to show the accurate time it will take to deliver your order so that the customer can cancel and order from another restaurant if the delivery time is very long.
- Zomato also analyzes food orders demand in all areas of the city to find areas with high food demand to employ more delivery partners in those areas to make the complete food delivery process faster.
I hope you liked this article on how Zomato uses Data Science for its business. Feel free to ask valuable questions in the comments section below.