Facebook is one of the most popular social media platforms that owns other popular social media platforms like Instagram and WhatsApp. Facebook is one of those companies where every software engineer and data scientist wants to work. If you want to work at Facebook, you must learn one of the programming languages used in Facebook. So if you want to know about all the programming languages used by Facebook in the Front-end and Back-end of Facebook, then this article is for you. In this article, I will take you through all the programming languages used by Facebook.
Programming Languages used by Facebook
There are a lot of programming languages that Facebook is using at the Back-end. Most of the programming languages that Facebook uses at the back-end are very popular in the coding community. But some of them are not that popular.
So let’s start by going through all the programming languages used by Facebook at the Back-end:
- Java: You must have heard a lot about Java. It is one of the programming languages that is the first programming language for computer science students. Since it is so popular among computer science students and software engineers, it is used by Facebook in the Back-end.
- Hack: Hack is a programming language created by Facebook as a dialect of PHP. The Hack programming language is not that common among programmers, but as Facebook has created it, so it uses Hack in the back end.
- C++: C++ is one of the fastest programming languages I have used. I prefer C++ for all the problems other than Data Science and Machine Learning. Facebook also uses C++ at the back-end because of its popularity among software engineers.
- Erlang: Erlang is a general-purpose, functional programming language used by Facebook in the back end. It is not a popular programming language today but is used in distributed, fault-tolerant, highly available applications where code can be changed any time without stopping the application.
- Python: Python is one of the most popular programming languages. It is widely used in Facebook in back-end development and machine learning.
- Haskell: Haskell is a general-purpose, functional programming language used in Facebook in the back end. Facebook uses Haskell to implement its anti-spam programs.
- Dlang: Dlang or D is used in companies like Facebook, eBay, and Netflix. It is not a popular programming language, but it is a powerful language for GPU programming, operating system kernel, virtual machines, and text processing.
- PHP: PHP is one of the most popular programming languages for server-side web development. Facebook uses PHP for web content management.
So Facebook is using Hack, Java, C++, Erlang, Python, Haskell, Dlang and PHP in the back-end.
I hope you now know about all the languages used by Facebook in the front-end and the back-end. Facebook is one of those companies where every software engineer and data scientist wants to work. If you want to work at Facebook, you must learn one of the programming languages used in Facebook. I hope you liked this article on the programming languages used by Facebook. Feel free to ask valuable questions in the comments section below.