If you want to become a Data Scientist, you must have started learning how to work with data and machine learning algorithms. If you think that the job of a Data Scientist is only to train machine learning models, you are completely wrong. So, if you want to learn about the roles and responsibilities of a Data Scientist, this article is for you. In this article, I’ll give you a complete description of the roles and responsibilities of a Data Scientist so that you can understand what a business expects from a Data Scientist.
Roles and Responsibilities of a Data Scientist
The roles and responsibilities of a data scientist may differ from company to company and from domain to domain. But in general, there are some set of tasks that every business expects from a data scientist regularly, regardless of the level of job you work in as a data scientist. If you don’t have any idea about the Data Science job levels, here are some of the Data Scientist job levels you can see at all the big tech companies:
- Data Engineer
- Data Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Senior Data Scientist
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Research Scientist
So these are the Data Science job levels that you will find in all the big tech companies. Now returning to the job roles of a data scientist, here is the complete description of the roles and responsibilities of a Data Scientist that every company expects from a Data Scientist daily:
- Research and build machine learning models to understand the relationships between the features of the data generated by the business.
- Communicate with product managers to determine the next business goal and the budget business needs to meet that goal.
- Communicate information you find and the ideas you have with managers and other decision-makers in the organization.
- Develop a proof of concept to prove or disprove the validity of the concept.
- If you are a Senior Data Scientist, the company also expects you to have the entire data science team up to date with the latest technology.
So these are some of the most important job roles of a data scientist that every business expects daily. There are many other tasks of a data scientist that differ between companies and even domains. If you want to research the roles of a Data Scientist in the company where you want to work, all you have to do is browse the job description of a Data Scientist based on the company of your choice. I hope you liked this article on the roles and responsibilities of a data scientist. Feel free to ask your valuable questions in the comments section below.