Python is a popular text-based programming language. In Python, we write code by using words, abbreviations, numbers, and symbols. In this article, I’ll take you through why Python is such a popular programming language.
Introduction to Python
Python is one of the most popular computer programming languages in the world. It was first released in the 1990s and is now used to build millions of apps, games, and websites.
Python is not named after the type of snake. It is named after a British comedy group called “Monty Python’s Flying Circus”. Python creator Guido van Rossum was a huge fan of the band and their quirky humour. Python programmers often use the group’s famous jokes and quotes in their code as a tribute.
Why Python Is So Popular Programming Language?
Python is a great language for getting started with computer programming. Many schools and universities use it to teach coding. Here are some of the reasons that Python’s so popular programming language:
- Easy to Read and Write: Python is a text-based computer programming language. In Python, we write the code by using a mixture of English, characters, symbols and numbers. This makes the code of this language very easy to read, write, and understand.
- Handy Tools: Python contains many useful tools and pre-programmed code that you can use in your programs. These useful tools are known as libraries and modules in Python. Using these tools makes it easier and faster for you to create your programs.
- Works everywhere: Python is a very portable programming language. This means that you can write and run Python code on many different types of computers and operating systems. The same Python code will work on PCs, Macs, Linux machines, and Raspberry Pi computers. The Programs made using Python behave the same on each machine and operating system.
- Excellent support: Python has well-written documentation. It has a getting started guide, a reference section for finding out what things mean, and a bunch of code examples.
Also, Read – 100+ Machine Learning Projects Solved and Explained.
Use Cases of Python
Python is not just an educational tool. It is such a powerful program that it is used for many interesting and exciting tasks in business, medicine, science and the media. It can even be used to control the lighting and heating in your home. Now let’s understand why Python is such a popular programming language by looking at a few Python use cases:
- Browsing the Web: Python is widely used on the Internet. Many parts of the Google search engine are also written in Python. Much of YouTube is also built using Python code.
- Medical Wonders: Python can be used to program robots to perform delicate operations. A robot surgeon programmed in Python can work faster than a human surgeon, be more precise, and less likely to make mistakes.
- Serious business: Python helps banks keep track of the money in their accounts and big chain stores set prices for the products they sell.
- Outer Space: Software engineers used Python to create tools for NASA’s Mission Control Center. These tools help the crew prepare and monitor the progress of each mission.
- In the Movies: The popular Movies and streaming shows use Python to automate the repetitive parts of the animation process. Rather than animators performing the same steps over and over again, they use a Python program to repeat the steps automatically. This saves labour and shortens the time for making a movie.
So these were the reasons why Python is a very popular programming language today. I hope you liked this article on why Python is so popular programming language. Feel free to ask your valuable questions in the comments section below.