Searching and sorting are two of the most common applications in computing. In this article, I’ll walk you through the most important coding interview questions about searching and sorting algorithms.
What is Searching and Sorting?
When people collect and use data, they may want to search for specific items in the collection or sort the collection for presentation or easy access. Searching and sorting are two of the most common applications in computing.
This article will walk you through coding search and sort algorithm interview questions. You can learn all the search and sort algorithms in detail below:
Coding Interview Questions on Searching and Sorting
Data Structures and Algorithms are the main topics of the first round in your coding interviews. Searching and Sorting are the most important concept of Data Structures and Algorithms. Below are the most important coding interview questions on Searching and Sorting algorithms.
- Given an unsorted array of n values, what will be the time complexity to find the smallest value in the worst case and how complex would it be if the array was sorted?
- Determine the worst-case time complexity for each method in Map ADT.
- Modify the binary search algorithm to find the position of the first occurrence of a value that may appear more than once in the ordered list. Check that your algorithm is still O(log n).
- Design and implement a function to find all negative values in a given array. Your function should return a new array containing the negative values. When is the worst-case scenario and how long does it take?
- Evaluate the insertion sort algorithm to determine the best case and worst time complexities.
So these were some important Interview questions based on searching and sorting algorithms. I will you liked this article, feel free to ask your valuable questions in the comments section below.