If you know enough statistics, programming especially python, Machine Learning, etc, one thing you should know that still getting a job in Data Science is a difficult task. Some people may have the best skill set, but one thing that they lack sometimes is a good Portfolio.
Even if you are having a referral from a very immense personality in the data science field, the ability to show your potential to the employers will come from having a good portfolio of your data science projects.
Importance of a Portfolio in getting a Job in Data Science
A Portfolio becomes very important in getting a job in data science, and most importantly, getting your first job, as it can help you in getting employed. In your case, a Portfolio will act as public evidence of your work in the field of data science.
A Software Engineer, a web developer, or even a data scientist who is there to be recruiting you, these Professionals in the company also google their daily issues. They will be glad to see something in your portfolio that they must be searching on google from a very long time.
What a Data Science Portfolio should look like
The idea behind a Portfolio is that either, you should be experienced with a professional environment, or you should be having practical experience. If you have already worked somewhere before you get an experience certificate, that you can add with your resume, to leave a good impression.
But what about, if you are not experienced, does it mean that you will never be able to make an impact. This is where your Portfolio will be helping you. If you are having a good Portfolio of your at least 10 Data Science Projects, it will surely make an impact.
You can create a beautiful set of slides that shows your projects and shows the highlighted contents used in your projects, or you can also use your Github overview, to show your work. for example –
Projects you must add in your Data Science Portfolio
- Human Activity Recognition – It involves predicting the movement of a body, based on the sequences of data and involves deep knowledge of the domain from signal processing to correctly measure the features from the data to fit into a machine learning model. See Complete Project.
- Customer Churn Prediction – Prediction of Customer churn means the prediction of our beloved customer with the intention of leaving us in the future. See Complete Project.
- Movie Reviews Sentiment Analysis – The word sentiment is associated with an emotion or an opinion, and analysis also if you are a Data Scientist. In this project you will be able to show whether the movie reviews are positive or negative. See Full Project.
- Bitcoin Price Prediction – Bitcoin is the very first decentralized digital currency. In this project, you will learn to build your Python program with the Machine Learning algorithm, Support Vector Machines, so you can start trading and making money. See Full Project.
- Student Performance Analysis – Performance evaluation of students is essential to check the feasibility of improvement. This Project is an automated solution for the performance evaluation of a student using machine learning. See full project.
- Movie recommendation System – The purpose of a recommendation system is basically to search for content that would be interesting to an individual. In this project, you will learn to create a Movie Recommendation system with Machine Learning. See full Project.
- Email Spam Detection – In this project, you will learn how to detect email spam using a Machine Learning technique called Natural Language Processing and Python. See full Project.
- Product Reviews Sentiment Analysis – This is the process of looking at data and creating a binary classification using Machine Learning to learn and predict whether the product reviews are positive or negative. See full Project.
- Algorithmic Trading Strategy – Trading strategies are usually verified by back testing: you reconstruct, with historical data, trades that would have occurred in the past using the rules that are defined with the strategy that you have developed. See full Project.
- Weather Forecasting – In this article, I will show how we can do Weather Forecasting with Machine Learning algorithm and compare some frameworks for further classification. See full Project.